Saturday, March 5, 2011

26 - Nuclear Science

Merit Badge:  Nuclear Science
Counselor:  J. Aleta Clegg
Sponsor: The Christa McAuliffe Space Education Center
Earned:  March 2, 2011


                       WEB: What did I have to do to earn this merit badge?


The Christa McAuliffe Space Education Center
in Pleasant Grove, Utah.

I modeled the internal structure of an atom.
(They taste very yummy.)

Here, I used a radiation survey meter to test
the amount of radiation in this rock.

My counselor placed a book in front
of  the rock to show how it
blocked the radiation.

This is my counselor, Aleta, showing
us a diagram of a nuclear reactor.

After I completed the merit badge class, I
received 6 classroom hours towards my
Starfleet Command Officer Rank.
(That's a seperate program offered by the center.)


No comments:

Post a Comment