Thursday, June 16, 2011

34 - Golf

Merit Badge: Golf
Counselor:  Kelly Barnes
Sponsor: Utah National Guard Youth Programs
Earned: June 16, 2011


                          WEB: What did I have to do to earn this merit badge?


The Utah National Guard sponsored a
class at Talons Cove Golf Club in
Saratoga Springs, UT to earn
the Golf Merit Badge.
I invited my friend John Choi to
come along.

Kelly Barnes, our counselor, is instructing us how
to swing.

Kelly used to be a professional
golfer.  Here, he is showing me how to stand
in relationship to the ball.

One-on-one training from Kelly.

My turn.  Set the ball.

Stand parallel to the ball.

SWING!!!

John and I had a good time hitting an entire
bucket of balls.

A week later, John and I hit the golf
course, The Reserve at East Bay, in
Provo, UT for 9 rounds of golf.
I beat John 118 to 137, which
isn't saying much since both of our
scores were in the stratosphere!


No comments:

Post a Comment